Many of us struggle to find breakfast options that are quick, easy and healthy. The morning rush of packing school bags, walking the dog and commuting to the office, can leave us with very little time to think about breakfast, let alone a healthy one.
Many go-to breakfast choices are high in sugar, low in nutritional value and see us reaching for a mid-morning snack an hour after eating which can play havoc with our energy levels.
If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, nutritionally packed and delicious breakfast, then this Chia Breakfast Pudding is a perfect choice!
This nutrient dense pot of power, it is packed with antioxidants and high quality protein. A great mid-week breakfast, it can be made the night before, you can grab it to eat on the go and, best of all, it will keep you going until lunchtime without the energy crash.
Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 1 cup milk of your choice (coconut, almond or hemp)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
To serve (optional)
- ¼ – ½ cup of berries or cherries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin, sunflower or sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- The night before, mix the milk, chia seeds, and vanilla if using in a container with a lid. Shake well and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, enjoy hot or cold with your favourite toppings! I love berries, chopped fruit and seeds.
- To warm, transfer the pudding to a pan and warm through on the stove for 2 – 3 minutes.